When renovating a kitchen on a budget you want to try to save money in as many ways as possible, but there are still certain areas you will want to invest in to ensure its quality, durability, and functionality last well into the future. Overall, you want to make sure that the functionality of your kitchen is your top priority because looks won’t matter long if the quality and durability don’t last.
A few places we recommend saving:
- Simplify the Door Style - Door styles are one of the factors that drive the cost of cabinetry up. The more ornate doors cost more, so looking at the lower price doors for an alternative may be a good idea that won’t give up an ounce of quality.
- Skip the Crown Molding - Details like trim moldings can really add up! Crown molding isn’t always necessary, especially if you do nothave cabinets all the way to the ceiling. This is an easy way to save $$$.
- Go Easy on Inserts - planning what accessories go into your kitchen is important, but it doesn’t have to happen all at once. Some are necessary, like the trash pull out, but the cutlery dividers can be added later and sometimes are better to choose after you are really sure which drawer will house all those spatulas!
A few places we recommend investing:
- Appliances - Quality appliances will be your top investment in your kitchen. Yourappliances will be your most used parts of your kitchen and not splurging the money for quality appliances will result in them needing to be replaced sooner than necessary which will ultimately cost you much more over time.
- Servo System for Trash - A servo system for your trash can is all about the functionality of your kitchen. You will thank yourself for spending the extra money on this upgrade just for how much easier it will make your day-to-day life and for saving “wear and tear” on the cabinet door. Trust us on this one - this is the most used cabinet in the kitchen!
- Quality Drawer Runners & Hinges - Getting quality drawer runners & hinges will ensure the lastingfunctionality of your kitchen. Going with a cabinet that uses cheap hardware almost ensures that they will wear down quickly, especially on your most used drawers. These cabinets are also often poorly constructed leading to multiple failures down the road. Making sure that you are selecting a quality cabinet is crucial in ensuring your investment performs well.
Our designers at Cabinetry Ideas are here to help you find your way through all the options and help you get the best design for your budget! Let us know what you are looking for and we will work to find a solution that is not only beautiful, functional and quality driven, but also come in on budget! Contact us today to start planning.
Until next time- here is a fresh recipe to test in your kitchen this spring!